Is rosehip seed oil the secret formula to reduce wrinkles and lines?
What is Rosehip Seed Oil?
Rosehip seed oil (RSO) is extracted from the seeds of the wild rose bush located in many different areas of the world. RSO is often drawn from the Southern Andes, Western Himalayas, and Europe. At the same time, RSO has been used in many other medical and therapeutic actions used by ancient Egyptians, Mayans, and Native Americans.
Additionally, with the many different antioxidants available in RSO, including vitamins A, C, and E, along with phenolic compounds and fatty acids, many skincare benefits are available. Some of the most common RSO skincare benefits include acne treatment, anti-inflammation, anti-aging, and scar reduction.
How Does Rosehip Seed Oil Work?
The fundamental fact of RSO working to improve skin health and appearance comes with the many fatty acids and antioxidants it includes. With fatty acids including linoleic acid and linolenic acid, skin cells are kept stronger than ever so that they can maintain their water and stay hydrated. With the incredible number of nutrients in RSO, it is also easily absorbed into the skin; it travels deep into the skin's layers, leading to the many benefits it produces.
Having a greater amount of vitamin C than citrus fruits, RSO antioxidant properties can do much more about helping to reduce sun damage caused by free radicals. With a significant amount of vitamin C, RSO also supports collagen production to promote anti-aging and wound healing. RSO is an excellent carrier oil because it is considered a "dry oil," meaning it is absorbed quickly without leaving the skin feeling greasy. It works well with other essential oils to improve skin care.
Benefits of Rosehip Seed Oil
With so many skincare benefits of RSO, it's a quality natural treatment to keep around. It works so naturally with the skin, helping to improve overall health and repairing many different issues. Whether it is a need for anti-aging, reversal of other skin damage acquired over the years, or even the acne or wounds that could occur while young, RSO is a quality treatment with many available benefits. Some of the key benefits include:
- Hydration and moisturization — RSO's many nutrients and fatty acids help skin cells retain moisture. With this increased moisture, skin appears smoother, brighter, and more youthful.
- Even skin tone — The vitamin C in RSO significantly combats acne scars and hyperpigmentation to smooth skin tone and minimize blemishes.
- Treat acne — Besides treating the scars left behind from acne, vitamin A in RSO is an active acne treatment.
- Anti-aging — Also benefiting from the vitamin A in RSO, the benefit of natural skin tightening reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protection against sun damage — With the combination of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E proven to reduce sun damage, there is much to say for everything RSO has to offer with all these together. Not to say that it can replace sunscreen, but it can be a beneficial addition to your skin care regimen.
- Reduction of inflammation — Issues like sensitive skin, eczema, and rosacea include inflammation of the skin. With vitamin E and other antioxidants that soothe inflammation, RSO is exceptionally effective.
With all of these benefits, it's helpful to know that there are many more available with the use of RSO. Some studies have also shown that RSO helps reduce the appearance of scars and repair scar color, especially in those that result from surgery. Even more, some studies have shown that RSO and all of its antioxidants help with skin cell turnover and the ability to reduce the appearance of stretch marks after pregnancy.
Products Containing Rosehip Seed Oil
Bio France Lab provides both a cleanser and facial oil with RSO, making great use of antioxidant density to help with hydration, anti-aging, and more.
NATURAL RADIANCE FACIAL CLEANSER—there is much to gain with RSO for a deep clean resulting in a softer, firmer, brighter complexion. It can clean while also offering the anti-aging and other natural benefits of RSO.
Bio France Lab also has SUBLIME Facial Oil to work directly on top of your skin with RSO for its incredibly hydrating and anti-aging benefits, providing healthy and radiant skin.